Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ain’t going Anywhere.

I just read an article in the ET talking about the declining popularity of blogs in the recent years. Ever since facebook and twitter stormed the market, the popularity of blogs has indeed seen a downward spiral.

I personally do feel that posting something on facebook does manage to catch more eye balls than the same being posted on a blog. As a matter of fact, sometime back when I re-posted a poem written long time back by me on the facebook, it got more hits compared to the blog. A recent data indicates that a number of teenage bloggers have switched over to mediums like the facebook and the twitter because of their growing popularity whereas adults in the range of 30-40 years have continued staying on their respective blogs.

I am 22 right now, and wondering as to whether to stay or migrate away to a world of more exciting comments and hits.

Hmm…

Well for the time being I have decided to retain my citizenship of the blogger-world and stay for some good time.

And yeah, I have been shortlisted for some GD/PI’s for Management Entrances this season and so have been reading a lot of stuff on the current happenings all over the world. In the coming days, the blog is going to be flooded with some well researched articles on economy, politics and the current affairs with some being directly taken from the media (newspapers, magazines etc.) and the others having my own views.

So stays hooked, and keep commenting!

1 comment:

nibbles said...

I love this blog...please don't think of leaving the blogger world!:(

I'm also looking forward to some very interesting debates on the economy...can't wait for some very exciting posts!:):)