Monday, March 21, 2011

Smoked Cheese Risotto

It was around 6:30 P.M. and my mom asked me as to what I would like to have for dinner? Yeah, it is usually mom who cooks the food as cooking is considered a female’s forte. I so wish I could exchange my role with mom; send her for MBA and indulge myself in cooking day and night!

But then again I believe cooking would have lost its charm then. So every now and then I open the web world, look for some interesting recipe and try it out! Luckily, all the dishes have turned out to be really amazing so i keep experimenting.

Now before I start off let me first clarify the dish is strictly Italian, so please don’t garnish it with the traditional Indian spices as it destroys the flavor and the Italian charm!

Source : Bawa's Blog.

Well it is called ‘Smoked Cheese Risotto’

2 cups of rice washed and soaked for about an hour

Parsley dried leaves

4 stands of green garlic finely chopped

2 carrots, mushrooms, a small broccoli, onions, tomatoes and whatever veggies you want to add!

A big piece of smoked cheese grated

Olive oil and a small piece of Butter

2-3 tablespoons of basil or tomato pesto

Put some olive oil and the butter in a cooker, and heat until the butter melts. Add the garlic and 1 dried red chilly and cook until slightly brown, add parsley. Then add all the veggies and cook for a few minutes. Add the pesto.

Remove the red chilly.

Add the rice and salt to taste. Add water to cover the mixture by about an inch.

Add the grated cheese.

Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Simmer for 5 more minutes.

Wait until the cooker has cooled down enough to open it, about 15 minutes or so.

Serve piping hot. It’s really tasty!

btw i did click a picture this time, but the memory card was hit by a virus and so no original picture :( Anyways savour the dish :)

2 comments:

nibbles said...

Please click pictures of your yummy dishes!

nibbles said...

You do respond fast, don't you?;)